DURANT, OK – Leaders across Native American tribes were recognized at the 19th Annual Oklahoma City Area Director’s Indian Health Services (IHS) awards ceremony in Oklahoma City. Several recipients are associates of the Choctaw Nation Health Services Authority (CNHSA).
Service awards were given to those who have served Native Americans in an IHS, tribal or urban health setting for 30 years or more, including: Artis Potts and Leslie Crank who have been with CNHSA 35 years; and Jacqueline Box, Tracie Cox, Lawanda James, and Michael Sisk who have been with CNHSA for 30 years.
The Oklahoma City Area Director’s IHS/Tribal/Urban Awards Committee took submissions from all the tribes across the area and recognized those who stood out among their peers. CNHSA had several stand outs receive awards, including:
- Jodi Lackey, Casey Woolsey, Bryan Christian, Peggy Carlton, Sally Dawes, Dr. Jonathan Doyle, Shelo Mutz, Shawna Smith, and Gerrick Johnson – Peer Recognition Tribal Award
- LT Courtney Trent – Merit Tribal Award
- Chrystal Brittain – Exceptional Individual Performance Non-Clinical Award
- Todd Hallmark – Area Director’s Individual Area Impact Award
- Desiray Moore – Area Director’s Individual Excellence in Customer Service Tribal Award