ONEIDA, NY – Turning Stone Resort Casino and the International Boxing Hall of Fame have announced a Hall of Fame Induction Weekend in June. The event also will include the return of Showtime’s prospect developmental series Shoebox: The New Generation to Turning Stone with a four-fight card headlined by Bakhodir Jalolov, 2020 Olympic Gold Medalist and two-time Olympian, and Jack Mulowayi, rising heavyweight prospect.
With three classes of boxing legends being inducted into the Hall of Fame and a weekend of festivities, this year’s event will take place June 9 – 12, 2022.
The special trilogy event represents a collaborative effort between the International Boxing Hall of Fame, Oneida and Madison Counties, and the Oneida Indian Nation and will give boxing fans from around the country the opportunity to meet and mingle with iconic names from boxing throughout this four-day celebration. This year’s Hall of Fame inductees include:
- Floyd Mayweather (2021)
- Laila Ali (2021)
- Bernard Hopkins (2020)
- Wladimir Klitschko (2021)
- Miguel Cotto (2022)
- “Sugar” Shane Mosley (2020)
- Roy Jones Jr. (2022)
- Holly Holm (2022)
- Boxing Promoter Lou DiBella (2020)
With three classes of boxing greats to be inducted, the International Boxing Hall of Fame will welcome its largest-ever group of honorees this year. The Oneida Indian Nation will host the Induction Ceremony at Turning Stone to accommodate the larger-than-normal induction class.
“We are excited to welcome thousands of fans along with boxing legends and media back to Central New York and to once again be the capital of the boxing world,” said Ray Halbritter, Oneida Indian Nation Representative and Oneida Nation Enterprises CEO. “It is an honor to partner with the Boxing Hall of Fame to host such an iconic weekend that spotlights our entire region.”
“This year’s Boxing Hall of Fame Induction Weekend was three years in the making, so you know it’s going to be big and there is already a lot of excitement building,” said Edward Brophy, Boxing Hall of Fame Executive Director. “With an exceptional induction trilogy class, four days of non-stop events that span two counties, passionate partners like the Oneida Indian Nation, and legendary Hall of Famers traveling from around the world to Central New York, this is a weekend you will not want to miss.”
Boxing Hall of Fame Weekend: Schedule of Events at Turning Stone
The four-day weekend of non-stop boxing action and events includes a celebratory kick-off event, a Friday night fight with a stacked card from Boxing Hall of Famer Lou DiBella, the Banquet of Champions, and the Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony.
- Thursday, June 9 – Kickoff Event: Celebratory event to kick off Boxing Hall of Fame Induction Weekend in Central New York.
- Friday, June 10 – Fight Night: Presented in partnership with Boxing Hall of Famer Lou DiBella and televised live on Showtime, Shoebox: The New Generation returns to Turning Stone with a four-fight card featuring amateur standout, Olympic Gold Medalist and two-time Olympian Bakhodir Jalolov and rising heavyweight prospect Jack Mulowayi in the main event. Boxing Hall of Fame Inductees will be honored during Friday night’s fight. Tickets for the June 10 heavyweight fight at Turning Stone are on sale now. Additional details about the June 10th card will be released soon.
- Saturday, June 11 – The Banquet of Champions: Boxing Hall Fame’s annual Banquet of Champions will be held in the Turning Stone Event Center, honoring some of the most notable boxing legends and the most memorable moments in the history of the sport.
- Sunday, June 12 – Annual Parade & Induction Ceremony: Boxing’s “Once in a Lifetime” weekend concludes with the Boxing Hall of Fame’s annual parade in Canastota and the Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony. Turning Stone will host this year’s Induction Ceremony to help the Hall of Fame accommodate a larger-than-ever-before group of three classes of boxing greats.