HOLLYWOOD, FL – Poker tournament action returns to Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Hollywood, FL, with Seminole Hard Rock Poker Showdown kicking off on Thursday, Mar. 24 with the $400 Deep Stack No Limit Hold’em (NLH) featuring a $500,000 guaranteed prize pool. As a main stop for the World Poker Tour (WPT), the tournament will culminate with the $3,500 WPT Poker Showdown Championship starting on Friday, Apr. 8 and boasting a $3 million guarantee. The final six players of the championship event will reconvene on May 25 in Las Vegas for a televised final table.
Other highlight events in this year’s Poker Showdown schedule include:
- $200 Big Stack NLH (Re-Entry) $150,000 guaranteed, Monday, Mar. 28 – Wednesday, Mar. 30
- $600 Deep Stack NLH (Re-Entry) $1 million guaranteed, Thursday, Mar. 31 – Sunday, Apr. 3
- $2,200 Deep Stack NLH (Re-Entry) $200,000 guaranteed, Thursday, Apr. 7
- $25,500 High-Roller NLH (Re-Entry) $1 million guaranteed, Monday, Apr. 11
- $5,000 Deep Stack Eight-Max NLH (Re-Entry) $500,000 guaranteed, Tuesday, Apr. 12
Last year’s Poker Showdown saw Brek Schutten win the WPT Poker Showdown Championship for $1,261,095, besting a field of 2,432 entries – the largest field in WPT Main Tour history. In January, WPT and Seminole Hard Rock Hollywood partnered for the WPT Lucky Hearts Poker Open Championship, which became the second-largest live field in WPT Main Tour history with 1,982 entries.