WAYLAND, MI – Gun Lake Casino (GLC) is hosting multiple hiring events for Michigan job seekers in June. GLC is in search of local talent as it gears up for the grand opening of a $100 million expansion, scheduled to open at the end of summer 2021. Gun Lake Casino is a premier employer in Michigan providing career opportunities to nearly 1,000 current team members. The casino was recently honored “West Michigan’s Best and Brightest Companies to Work For” by the National Association for Business Resources, an award that has been received for two consecutive years.
“Gun Lake Casino is excited to introduce a variety of career opportunities to West Michigan job seekers,” said Jose Flores, Vice President and General Manager for Gun Lake Casino. “We pride ourselves on setting industry standards for starting wages, comprehensive benefits, educational opportunities and more. There is no better time to begin a career in the entertainment industry. As the casino continues to expand, so do the opportunities for our team.”
Gun Lake Casino will host multiple recruitment events in June to fill positions needed with anticipation of the expansion. The interviews will focus on open positions for multiple departments including, food and beverage, table games, slots, cage, operations, and security.
- On Tuesday, June 15 a hiring event will occur at the Grand Rapids Downtown Market, located at 435 Ionia Ave SW, Grand Rapids, MI 49503. Open interviews will take place from 3:00 p.m. until 8:00 p.m.
- The second recruitment event will occur on Wednesday, June 16, in Gun Lake Casino’s Harvest Buffet, located at 1123 129th Avenue, Wayland, MI 49348. Candidates can participate in open interviews from 10:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m.
- A third recruitment event will take place on Monday, June 28 in Gun Lake Casino’s Harvest Buffet, located at 1123 129th Avenue, Wayland, MI 49348. Candidates can participate in open interviews from 4:00 p.m. until 9:00 p.m.
All hiring events will follow Gun Lake Casino’s current Play It Safe policies, including social distancing and a mask requirement for non-vaccinated applicants.
TEAM MEMBER BENEFITS
Gun Lake Casino announced a significant increase to the company’s minimum starting wage for all positions – effective June 1, 2021. For all non-tipped positions, the new $14 starting wage will increase the minimum pay by more than 30%. The starting wage of all tipped positions has been raised to $7.40 per hour plus tips.
In addition to the increase in starting wages, Gun Lake Casino provides an enticing and highly-valued benefits package, which includes:
- Three weeks of paid vacation
- Quarterly discretionary bonus incentives for all active team members; $3.5 million paid out since January 2020
- $500 internal team member referral program
- Free health care including dental, vision, and medical benefits
- Free shift meals for team members
- A 401(k) program where all employer contributions are 100% vested immediately
- Annual tuition reimbursement of up to $10,000