NEW BUFFALO, MI – The Pokagon Band of Potawatomi and Four Winds Casinos recently donated 1,000 food boxes to help those in need during the Easter holiday. The distribution will be coordinated by Feeding America West Michigan and the Food Bank of Northern Indiana through 11 different locations. Each food box contains a ham, corn, green beans, potatoes au gratin, and banana bread. The Pokagon Band and Four Winds Casinos previously donated 1,000 food boxes in November of 2022 for Thanksgiving and 1,000 food boxes December 2022 for Christmas.
Feeding America West Michigan will make a portion of the donated Easter food boxes available at:
- Action Ministry Center Dowagiac
- Child and Family Services of Southwest Michigan
- Cooperating Ministries Hartford
- Lawrence United Methodist
- Marcellus Community Food Pantry
The Food Bank of Northern Indiana will make a portion of the donated Easter food boxes available at:
- Broadway Christian Parish in South Bend
- Clay Church in South Bend
- Community Food Pantry of St. Joseph Country
- First United Methodist Church in South Bend
- MAC Albright in Mishawaka
- River Park Food Pantry in South Bend
“We are very proud that we can continue our tradition of giving this Easter holiday,” said Rebecca Richards, Tribal Chairwoman of the Pokagon Band of Potawatomi Indians. “It is our hope that these food boxes are a source of comfort to those in need. We’d also like to thank our partners at Feeding America, the Food Bank of Northern Indiana and the 11 locations for coordinating the distribution.”
Feeding America is the largest hunger-relief organization in the U.S. Through a network of more than 200 food banks, 21 statewide food bank associations, and over 60,000 partner agencies, food pantries and meal programs, the organization provided 5.2 billion meals to tens of millions of people in need last year.