PALM SPRINGS, CA – Chef Fabio Viviani has brought his passion for delicious dining to the Morongo Casino Resort & Spa with the opening of The Marketplace by Fabio Viviani, a sprawling upscale food hall now serving guests inside the world-class resort near Palm Springs, CA.
“I am thrilled to see The Marketplace open and offering an international culinary journey that will stir the taste buds of guests from across Southern California,” said Viviani. “The Marketplace features the freshest, handmade dining experience, with dishes ranging from baked clams and king crab legs to Korean BBQ, handcrafted pasta, and prime cut steaks.”
For a single fee, The Marketplace diners can experience made-to-order dishes from seven distinct gourmet eateries, including:
- Mercato Central brings the cuisine of 20 Italian regions under one roof, with pizza, meatballs, arancini, pressed paninis and hand-crafted pasta.
- Al Comal an epicenter of Mexican Cuisine, featuring Mexican and South American dining sensations, from handmade tortillas and tacos to pork and tamales.
- Pescato offers line-caught fish, a fresh array of seafood and a delectable oyster bar.
- Pork & Waffles serves down-home BBQ and Southern comfort food.
- Prime Cuts features classic American-style steakhouse dishes and Brazilian Churrascaria, from prime rib and leg of lamb to mojo pork and all the traditional steakhouse sides.
- Sukiru offers pan Asian dishes from Korean BBQ and Chinese dumplings to Vietnamese Pho’s and Japanese rice dishes.
- Sweet Things provides a myriad of dessert selections for those with a sweet tooth.
“We are delighted to welcome guests to The Marketplace by Chef Fabio Viviani at Morongo,” said Richard St. Jean, Morongo’s Chief Operating Officer. “The Marketplace offers a bold new culinary experience based on the vision of Chef Viviani, one of the world’s greatest names in dining and restaurant innovation.”
Italian-born Viviani has created restaurant concepts and great food across the U.S. Fabio Viviani Hospitality has opened 41 restaurants to date across the nation.
A recurring guest on national television shows such as Good Morning America, The Rachael Ray Show, and numerous Food Network shows, Viviani appeared on three seasons of the hit reality TV show, “Top Chef” where he was voted “Fan Favorite” in his first season. His passion for delicious food, exquisite hospitality and entrepreneurship is evidenced by his successful launch and operation of two nightclubs and five restaurants in Florence by the time he was 27. He has also authored several books on cooking.